Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring is here (The Blog Post Title Curmudgeon)

An uninspired title, I admit.

An overdue post I've been drafting is about the circumstances that have led me to, theoretically, have more time to write. I have so far not made enough time to edit, which is why nothing has been posted since February 11th.

One thing for which I have made time is running and long walks. Now that it is light out--not only light out, but sunny!--when I go for a morning run, I can't help but stop to take pictures. I am contented to see that I am not the only one. Today I ran past a woman who was, the entire time she was visible to me, as still as a statue, clad in running clothes, the sole sign that reassured me that she was not taken ill her smartphone positioned close to the inside of hellebore, setting up the perfect shot.

It contents me to know that I am not the only one, and therefore probably do not attract attention when I abruptly stop running to stand for up to ten minutes, attempting to get the perfect shot of fallen camellia blossoms or cherry blossoms fallen on cactus pads.

I don't know how to make these pictures bigger. Picasa has changed, and I don't know how to use it the way I used to, if that's even possible. I don't want to say I don't like it, because maybe I just haven't learned how to use it yet...but to be honest, I currently do not like it.

Post currently in draft format, edited version to come later, about how I may be a curmudgeon. The post is about being a Sidewalk Curmudgeon, but I may also be a Picasa Curmudgeon. Oh, heck. I'm a Technology Curmudgeon. Even though I work in IT, I still don't embrace all technology quickly. I still complain about DVDs not doing certain things the way VHS did, and I recently learned, from one of the LSAT prep videos, that DVDs were released in 1995. So I have been complaining, since before I was a teenager, about this thing that has been around for nearly twenty years. (The thing is not being able to stop the video and then start it again, in the exact same place, but rather having to find the scene and re-watch parts of it or fast-forward.)

No comments: