Friday, November 18, 2011

Today's Prompt: What has been the happiest moment of your life thus far?

This seemed like one of those prompts it would be difficult to answer. I can't even pick a favorite ice cream flavor, let alone a moment of my life.

I'm a pretty happy person. Especially right now. I have a good life. I have reliable employment that I enjoy, I still get to go to school to work toward some future employment that is in line with my dreams, but I don't go to school so much that it stresses me out, I live in a nice city, I am able to stay in touch with faraway friends and family, I get to take mass transit to work, I get to go for walks every day, my roommate is my boyfriend and my best friend in this city is my neighbor. I get to regularly go to farmers' markets, and several nice grocery stores are a short walk away. I can also walk to lots of cafes, bars, restaurants, and shops.

People who know me in person, or who read this blog when Big-Mouthed Jersey Girl is posting, know that I complain a lot. Sometimes it is good-natured complaining, with a joke tied in, and sometimes it is just pure crankiness. Sometimes it is about big things (racism! inequality! injustice! pollution!) and sometimes it is about stupid little things (rude pedestrian/motorist/bicyclist! black tights with brown shoes!) Otherwise, I am happy with perhaps equal enthusiasm; my happiest moment might have just been five minutes ago, when the world felt like a wonderful, happy place, because the sun is shining out the window (for now-it's supposed to snow later) and the cottage cheese, satsuma, and sandwich I had for lunch seemed like the perfect lunch.

So this prompt is a hard question for me to answer.

Then I thought, well, how did I get here? Maybe the happiest moment of my life (or at least one of the top ten) had to do with that.

So, perhaps the best answer to this question is that the happiest moment of my life was when I got the job that took me to Portland.

The reasons why I was particularly sad and exhausted on this particular Wednesday aren't very interesting. (Believe me. I just wrote them out, and then erased it all because it was BO-RING.

And I just got a phone call, so I'll end this early!

No comments: