Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thinksgiving from Planet Rock

I'm writing a quick post in between some Thanksgiving food prep. Again, I'm writing a short possibly-placeholder-post with a plan to, if possible, write more later. I should also note that the Internet is very spotty here. My parents need a new router.

We arrived safely in New Jersey, after walking to the MAX station in a downpour (no really, not an Oregon "it's more than sprinkling or misting" downpour, but a downpour even by my East Coast place-that-has-a-hurricane-season town-that-once-got-fourteen-inches-of-rain-in-one-day standards) with two large almost 50-pound suitcases. We survived that journey, crossing the 17th-Avenue river and the 9th-Avenue creek, and we survived the 6-hour-flight next to a flatulent smartphone addict. When we got safely to Jersey, we got to eat real pizza made by a real Jersey Italian (my mom.) This morning I got to have Taylor ham for breakfast. ShopRite brand!

That's all for now. I'm going to try to write more, with pictures, later.

No comments: