Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11

This is totally one of those, "I'm writing because I said I would when I signed up for NaBloPoMo." My writing time today is going to be taken up by writing a letter to TriMet. I think it's important to criticize even the organizations one usually supports, because it's important to hold them accountable. That's why I wrote a critical letter to OPB in September...but that's a story for another time. What happened with TriMet is also a story for another time. And my readers and Facebook friends may be aware of how, since June, my love for TriMet came into being and has been growing. But my love is not so great as to blind me to its flaws. In short, I witnessed something last night on the MAX that I thought was very unfair. I'm writing a complaint not necessarily to complain about the employee involved in the incident, but to defend the rider who was treated unfairly and accused of having a bad attitude. And then kicked off the train. With his small daughter. After dark. On a cold night. In North Portland. (Which is up-and-coming, but has some sketchy parts.)

I promise that this whole month is not just going to be, "Big-Mouthed Jersey Girl and her Multitudinous Opinions." I'll go back to pictures of food and flowers and cute stories soon enough.

No comments: