Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Not quite the same as my Y is for... post, but a similar topic

In lieu of my own writing, here's someone else's. From the most recent favorites list posted by Heidi Swanson, I found this great NYT article about "stem-to-root" cooking. Think nose-to-tail, but for plants, and therefore probably less gross. For me this was timely, because I have been surveying the plants in my garden thinking things like, "What am I going to do with the fruits that don't ripen?" and "Why don't we eat the leaves from this plant?"

I will report back to you, in a few months or so, on how pickled green strawberries turn out. It won't be for awhile, because the warm weather has returned to Portland and now there's enough summer and sun left to get the strawberries on my plants red and ripe!

No comments: