Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Multi-tasking

On Monday night, I painted my nails for the first time in at least two years. I decided last week that I really wanted to paint my nails and I was hoping to paint them gray. I searched all over Portland (well, Fred Meyer) before finding at WinCo some "dries in a New York minute" cheapy stuff in the color I wanted. It's called sidewalk or pavement or something. It is sidewalk-colored and I love it.

It really does dry fast. But in case you don't have that New York minute stuff, or if a New York minute isn't fast enough, there's a kitchen appliance that may come to your aid.

From Miscellaneous

If you were ever on the fence about getting a food dehydrator, or if you'd like to be able to dry tomatoes and blueberries and strawberries and cherries (and make your own jerky! which I'm kind of afraid to do!), I'd like to tell you about another use for this wonderful appliance. While it's drying whatever you've placed inside its flying-saucer-like interior, its low-heat dry air radiates and if you're not careful, will heat up or dry out anything within a few-inches radius.

So, I have some great news. The food dehydrator is also an excellent nail dryer!

1 comment:

Elena said...

i've taken to painting my nails every week since I have a new-found neurosis that my hands are manly looking. and also i always have dirt under my fingernails no. matter. what. I have been wanting a food dehydrator and i love having my nails dry quickly. How much does a dehyd cost?

love that pavement color. I have on a silver polish right now that i bought because its name is Queen of Everything.