Friday, January 07, 2011

A Successful Day

[Once again, the Internet was down last night.]

Today, Friday, was designated this week's free day. I had no classes, no work, and I scheduled no appointments aside from picking up friends at the train station. The long list of things I wished to accomplish included all household, academic, correspondence, and creative pursuits that I hadn't gotten to for the entire week. Rather than make a schedule or even an itemized list, I decided to just be content with whatever happened. It worked out pretty well! I did the following:
Washed Thursday's dishes
Readjusted the height of my kitchen cabinet shelves; organized and resorted the cabinets
Dropped one of my classes and updated my status with financial aid
Completely organized my closet so that there is no longer a pile of un-hung-up clothes on the floor - anything still unsorted is out of sight in a suitcase covered with "decorative fabric" (a curtain that I don't have the right size curtain rod for.)
Went grocery shopping
Got a broom and dustpan, finally! and lightbulbs
Replaced the lightbulb in one of my overhead lights
Put all unorganized junk in boxes that close
Put junk boxes into an unclaimed kitchen cabinet
Planted some cold and shade tolerant herbs in my windowbox
Made a delicious meal from 5 Spices, 50 Dishes.

I didn't make any progress on the paper that's due on Tuesday, but I have all weekend!

No comments: