Friday, January 21, 2011

A side note

It just occurred to me that all I've written about school so far is that a professor runs class too late and that I felt overwhelmed and dropped down to 6 credits. I've forgotten to write that I got a good grade on my first paper and that, even though I do find the new-to-me vocabulary and discourse overwhelming, I'm excited about the program and the things I will become competent in. I see the parallels between what I'm studying and what I do at work (and have done at work since graduating college). I'm excited at having some academic relationship with it, excited to understand it better. As much as the system, both government and nonprofit, seems flawed to me, I'm fascinated by it and can't wait to learn how to work within it to get things done!

(It's a Homework Friday.)

No comments: