Saturday, January 15, 2011

Breakfast in a warmed house

The fading beauty of my Fred Meyer tulips. The irises from Trader Joe's haven't even begun to bloom. The teapot was my grandmother's; she collected them.

From Drop Box

Breakfast mess. Inspired by one of Kalin's posts, I'm going to try to start saving scraps (on the right) for soup stock.

From Drop Box

The mess isn't tooooo ba--look at all those dishes! Party=neverending dishes. I'm still finding wine glasses in the living room.

From Drop Box

Something about the light through the kitchen window convinces me that everything on that table would look good in a picture taken by a camera phone. Breakfast was my own perfect skillet potatoes (acceptable breakfast on a weekend), Molly Wizenberg's Kale and Cheddar Frittata made with collard greens and Yancey's Fancy wasabi cheddar (every time I go to NJ, I come back with this New York treat), Cara Cara oranges, "breakfast salad" (Trader Joe's wild arugula - I like it so much I can eat an entire bowl of it without any dressing), and homemade spicy pickled carrots.

From Drop Box

My dining companion recommended I try taking one from this angle instead.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

The idea of wasabi cheddar sounds AMAZING!! How does it taste?