Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A belated review of Sparks in New Brunswick

[Again, this is backdated but this time the Internet was down for everyone, not just me.]

I decided to buy some new nose jewelry after more than six years of wearing the same stud it was pierced with at Sparks in New Brunswick, NJ. It was in May 2004 during Senior Week, the week between finals and graduation. I was in a choir that sang at graduations and reunion events that week, so I got to stay on campus, living in a downtown dorm with my friends, not having to go to class or take exams. All the fun parts about college! Anyway, one girl decided to get her navel pierced that week, and somehow I let myself be talked into getting my nose pierced. I'd always liked the piercing and wanted it on my face, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to actually go through the piercing process.

Six years later, I haven't regretted it. I haven't had any problems, either, unlike most people I know who have had to get their noses repierced once or twice. Sparks is a little pricier than other places, but they clearly know what they are doing.

Why am I telling you this now? Because last night I had to call Sparks. I'm getting a hoop for my nose, due to the fact that when it's cold out, something happens to the hole in my nose, the piercing gets loose or something, and the stud starts to move around, so that the long screw end hangs out like a metal booger. Yuck.

Anyway, I had no idea what gauge hoop to buy. NO IDEA. I tried comparing my piercing to an earring stud, but I couldn't tell if the metal post was thicker or thinner or what. I had no idea. So I called Sparks, asking them if by any chance they might remember or have on record what gauge they used to pierce someone's nose in the first half of 2004.

They did! I think I even spoke with the very same person who pierced my nose (Chuck).

Isn't that cool? What great customer service.

By the way, I signed up for another blog posting month...hence posts about my nose.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I've been thinking about getting my nose pierced again. Short story, drying my face I caught the stud with a loop from the towel. It came out. I almost passed out it hurt so bad. I didn't put it back. Maybe I'll drive up to New Brunswick to do it.

Sarah said...

The only times I have taken mine out has been when that exact same thing happened! Sparks is great - they are a little pricey (in addition to the drive) but just about everyone I know who went somewhere else had to get theirs redone because it healed weirdly. I can only think of one person who didn't, and she went to some random place is Sussex County...which is even farther away!