Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Naaaaaaahhh BloPoMo

After having novella-length posts written days ahead of time, I suddenly failed at NaBloPoMo.

On and off since I returned from New Jersey, I've been in a bit of a funk. Yesterday, I decided I wanted to focus on being positive - that even if there were reasons to be negative, it wasn't going to accomplish anything to dwell on them, so after a brief acknowledgement of them, I will endeavor to push aside the mass of minor annoyances piled on top of me, heavy as the layer of gray clouds currently suspended over the City of Portland, and focus on the good things. For example, although this time of year in Portland is damp and dark and it gets dark before 5PM but never truly gets light, at least I don't have to scrape ice off my car. When it snowed last week and I had to clean my car off two days in a row, it was kind of a novelty.

So anyway, the posting stopped because I was so darn cranky, and then it was Thanksgiving and I wasn't cranky, but I was busy, and then I was cranky again, and then it was December.

I'd like to start writing with some regularity, as I haven't yet run out of stories, but this month's theme, Zeitgeist, doesn't quite inspire me. So we'll see what happens.

No comments: