Friday, October 29, 2010

A break

Some news from the present: I got my official acceptance letter from Portland State today (the news last week was that I was "recommended for admission" by the department; PSU still had to check that I was who I said I was and that my degrees were real and also verify my claim of Oregon residency.) The part of this that is "news" is that I am admitted as an Oregon resident. That means I don't have to pay out-of-state tuition. Even though I've lived in Oregon and paid taxes in Oregon for over a year, I was still thinking, "What if?" So this is a relief.

The next item in my series of things I first noticed here in Portland is about the roads, driving, and parking that I observed when I got here. But I think I'd like to take a break, a detour, and write about the road trip that brought me here instead. Now that I've got a good program to sort my photos and upload them to Flickr, I can include pictures from the trip.

Expect an update, sometime soon, about my trip to the Midwest. I'd also like to note that Monday begins NaBloPoMo, and I plan to participate again as I did last year. Since I'm spending most of Monday on a plane to New Jersey, whatever I write might not appear until the second. If I fall behind, I'll make up for it in December, just like last year.

No comments: