Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fall is here

Where I was last week, it was very much still summer. Here in Portland, it doesn't seem to be. The leaves are starting to change. The air is somehow different. More clouds are in the sky. Sunny afternoons aren't hot.

At first, I didn't want to let go. But now, I'm adjusting. I'm looking forward to baking bread, baking tarts and pies and cakes and cookies, roasting chickens, roasting vegetables, staying inside, catching up on my sewing, and watching movies while knitting. I am a good way through my first cardigan.

This means it's time for my one-year-in-Oregon masthead to be replaced by a fall masthead, but I'm not ready to design one yet. I guess I'm not quite ready to let go of summer.

There's a chance I might not be Big-Haired Jersey Girl in Oregon anymore. My shag haircut is growing out in a way that's driving me nuts, so I might chop everything off and start anew. Well, start with the very short haircut I had in 2006. I dream of rolling out of bed and not having to comb my hair at all, let alone twist it and hold it in place with several dozen bobby pins.

No comments: