Monday, September 06, 2010

Another F-ing Story, Part One: The Dollar Word

As my readers may have gathered from reading my writing, from what they know of people from New Jersey, and from the post Homeland Security, my family includes quite a few trash mouths. At some point in my early childhood, my father decided to clean up his trash mouth a bit.

Thus, it came to be that every time my father uttered the F word in any of its various derivatives and forms, I got a dollar. The rules were simple.

1) Dad says the Dollar Word or a variation thereof.
2) Little Sarah hears the Dollar Word.
3) Little Sarah must state that she heard the Dollar Word.

It was never clearly stated in the rules, but I'm sure you know it goes without saying that Little Sarah must never, herself, say the Dollar Word.

No comments: