Sunday, July 18, 2010

New, improved, one-year-in-Oregon masthead

I redid this without really editing the picture of me, as I couldn't find a way to make it look less like a photograph without making me look old and pasty.

I wanted something with photos of things I've actually been doing in Oregon, especially if I took the photos myself. But instead of lots of floating objects from photographs I've taken, I went with just one of mine and an unrealistically large portrait of me. I wanted something celebratory for my first anniversary in Portland. Because that is how I feel.

Since Thursday, I've been spending a lot of time in bed recovering from a medical thing &mdash okay, so that's not exactly celebratory. But it's given me time to write and think about what I'd like to write.

So, I was waxing my armpits...More on that later! Actually, I wasn't, but it's a line from a story that someone recently brought up to me, and I realized it's a great story that needs to be told. I'll probably write that one next. Since most of it exists in an e-mail (with the same line that opens this paragraph), it won't be too difficult. It's already written.

Anyway, this celebratory mood brings with it several topics I could write about, such as moves and different places I've lived, things that happened when I first moved to Oregon, differences between the coasts, and more.

But now, I have to go meet a friend for dinner at a Swedish place (and one of my favorites!). Another reason to celebrate! Maybe I will get aquavit! I don't really know what that tastes like!

2 comments:

CC said...

A quick glance at your masthead makes you appear to be branding the flag on your arm with a sparkler. HARD CORE.

Sarah said...

Ooh! I kind of like that idea! Yes, that is what I was doing! Can't get much more AMERICA than that!