Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More on this later...

What I really need to write about is the fact that I left NJ a year ago, and there are a lot of stories from that time period that need to be told. As well as photographs of things like my last days in NJ and my road trip across America (again) to Portland.

But I just want to write quickly that I have, after four years, halted the process that was turning me into one of those wackos who doesn't trust doctors. I still don't trust all doctors or all medical information. I look at that stuff with a critical (and I hope scientific) eye. I'm looking at you, terrifying HPV vaccine commercials!

Anyway, the point of all this is that I went to the doctor for the first time in four years, not counting the physical I had for work or this time in 2008 when I went to the Rutgers health center for a cold. I got everything I needed done, all at once, with my prescription on order. I've finally found a doctor/medical office that I like. I feel like my fancy health insurance is worth all the money I'm paying (out of pocket. The plan's as good as what I had in NJ, but 1/3 of the cost.)

Anyway, it's 8:30 and time to get to work!

No comments: