Friday, January 15, 2010

Update

    I found a waistband on another pair of jeans which is 2" wide (the amount by which I wanted to raise my waistband) and almost the same color as my favorite Guess jeans. It's close enough that I think no one will notice the difference if they're not staring at my waist, and chances are whatever shirt I'm wearing will cover it anyway.
    Potential problems are that the belt loops might look silly. I might have to lengthen them or...something. Get rid of them entirely.
    If Franken-waistband succeeds in holding up my pants without looking silly, then my favorite jeans have been saved.
    If Franken-waistband succeeds in holding up my pants but looks ridiculous, I will wear long shirts until I get back to Portland, and then when I do, I will go to Fabric Depot and Mill End, look for denim in the right color, buy half a yard or so, and make a new 4" waistband.

No comments: