Friday, January 22, 2010

Packing

    Before I start packing, I have to figure out what I am going to wear my last days in NJ and what clothes I will need on the train. So, I just checked the weather, and it's quite a variety. NJ will be warm (for winter) during the day--skirt with tights weather, in my opinion--and cold at night. In Portland, it will be very warm--near 50. But in Chicago, where I will spend a few hours exploring, it's going to be COLD. The high temperature for the day I arrive is about 27. But how cold will it feel with the wind chill? (I'm imagining extreme wind chill; it is, after all, the Windy City.)
In short, I'm bringing a winter coat in my carry-on just for the few hours in Chicago. (And if I feel like stepping off the train for 20 minutes in Minot.)
    I've never been to Chicago before. I'm excited! It's only a few hours, but I plan to leave Union Station and explore a little bit. Do any of my readers know what there is to see in Chicago that is within walking distance of Union Station? I'm looking for a lunch suggestion, too. Should I eat pizza in Chicago!?

No comments: