Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Two unrelated thoughts

1. Being in NJ for so long is really messing with my head. More on this later. I still need to collect and organize my thoughts so that they are coherent. Since I've been here, I have been visiting people, places, and things from the past decade. As a result, I'm spending a larger percentage of my time remembering than I would during a regular week. It's like I've spent the past week not only in 2009, but also in 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, and a little 1999.

2. I have two bunches of beet greens. I don't want to throw them out. Do any of my three readers have any suggestions for how I can use them? Just basic prep--my Google searches yielded really complicated recipes.

1 comment:

LS said...

Your sole reader responds willingly:

Beet green recipe (really good):

Rinse and chop the beet greens. Cut up garlic, fry in olive oil. Throw in canneloni beans (or other beans, rinsed from can). Add a little chicken broth, cook for a while in pan. Add beet greens, cook for a little longer so they are wilted. Salt, pepper and a little vinegar (malt och balsamic is good, can be other kinds too). Yummy.

About remembering - you can always start creating NEW memories but doing new things instead :)