Sunday, December 13, 2009

Speaking of offensive holiday commercials...

    I just read this post about a new Folgers commercial. My new schedule has enabled me to watch a lot of daytime TV, so I saw (and was equally offended by) this horrible commercial, too.
    Which reminded me, whenever I watch TV, there are commercials that offend ME and I think, "I should write about that."
    I am too tired to write a lot about it now, but the commercials that make me so mad I want to yell at the TV (until the next commercial or show comes on and distracts me) are the "Christmas costs less at Wal-mart" commercials. It's not that part that annoys me--it's the "Save money. Live better." slogan combined with these "family moments" that are based around something like a Wii, and this implication that family can afford the Wii (which brings their family together) only because they save money by shopping at Wal-mart.
    I can't even get into it right now; it just annoys me. That's all I'll say.

No comments: