Monday, December 28, 2009

On pop music 2

From 1998 through sometime in the early part of this decade, The Smashing Pumpkins were my all-time favorite band (occasionally bumped to #2 by Tori Amos or Jimi Hendrix.) My love for them actually began when I was eight (or so) and heard "Today" on the radio. So you could say that my fandom began nearly two decades ago. My feelings toward Machina and everything after were either lukewarm or nonexistent, but news of Billy and his former bandmates still gets my attention.
    Including these articles that he's dating Jessica Simpson. !?!?!?!?!?!
&nsbp   Of course, this all seems to be based on a photo of them together, by which we all mean a photo of Jessica Simpson, standing with a guy who doesn't have too much hair, with a guy who looks like Billy Corgan way in the background. Look, they even had to put an arrow in the picture. And the arrow is ambiguous (because BC is so far in the background.) When I saw this picture, I thought, "He looks OLD. He's growing his hair back!?"
I am interested to hear what could result if they decide to write songs together.

No comments: