Saturday, December 05, 2009

Christmas Snow

The first snowstorm of the season (or at least since I've been here) canceled most of my plans, so I get to stay in. I had a hectic Saturday planned; I was going to try to go to the Christmas festival in my own town with my mother; then a Christmas event at Historic Speedwell in Morristown, where my friend and her husband were going to be dressed up as Young Scrooge and his girlfriend Alice; then a housewarming party; then a night out in New York. And still have the energy to go to BUST Craftacular tomorrow morning.
Thanks to the snow, I only made it to the town's Christmas festival, the Weihnachtsmarkt or German Christmas Market. This also included a Christmas tree show. Just like last year, my mother and I bought nothing, didn't see anything overly exciting, and spent a significant amount of time improving our system for covertly notifying the other of and hiding from people we knew. That's the problem with being in your hometown; you keep running into people. This may not sound like the most exciting festival, but we don't have to travel far or pay admission to get there, and it's just nice to see the crowds and the town lit up and decorated for Christmas. The snow--which was falling lightly when we first arrived, but quickly picked up speed--added to the effect.

In other news, though I am between books, I just discovered and read through the entire archives of Girls with Slingshots. Here are some that I thought were particularly cute or funny: here, here, here, and here!

1 comment:

LS said...

Wow, so much easier to read! I love the redesign, and the banner is great. Congrats. I stayed in on Saturday too, looking out at the snow.