Sunday, October 18, 2009

More old to-do lists

I'm going through an old notebook, ripping out pages that are significant to my current writing project (the "novel"), and recycling whatever I don't need anymore.
This is that same notepad that has notes, on random pages, from 2004 through 2009. I found a shopping list that was at least pre-2007 because it said, "Buy Skim Plus milk." Oh how things have changed.
And then I found a really bad sketch of a woman with a detailed jacket, some notes about embroidery, and the sentence, "How will I design clothes when I can't draw?"
This morning, in my journal, I made a sketch of my Halloween costume and how I'm going to assemble it (separate top and skirt, or dress?) and wrote next to it, "Aren't fashion designers supposed to be able to draw?"
Oh how things don't change.

No comments: