Friday, May 22, 2009

Thought

I haven't written about it explicitly, but I am sure I've let it slip out--in hints or by accident--that I've been very, very unhappy at times throughout the past twelve months. I don't want to say that I've been miserable or that I regret the whole year. I learned a lot from the bad stuff and some good things happened, too. There were definitely happy times.
In December, I really thought I had found my place and that I could stay where I was--job, apartment, all of it--forever. In January, I started getting signs that this was all wrong.
In one of my sad moments, I wrote to someone that I did regret all of it--that right after my 24th birthday, everything went topsy-turvy, good and bad, all kinds of crazy things happened and my life went on the wrong path.

I don't agree with that anymore.

However, I do think that the past thirteen months have been really strange, lots of ups and downs (I wouldn't call it DRAMA--to me, DRAMA is like, someone steals your boyfriend and you make lots of loud phone calls about it not caring that you're in a public place, and write passive aggressive things on Facebook), and lots of things that would make a good story! Maybe not one large cohesive story but lots of good small stories! Interesting dating stories, interesting road trip stories, interesting job stories, interesting jury duty stories...etc etc etc.

No comments: