Friday, September 12, 2008

Trail

I finally went exploring the woods across the street from my house and found out that there is a hiking trail! It's not much hiking--just a trail in the woods--but still! It's nice and peaceful, and even though there's not a single place where you can't turn and see part of a house, it still has that comforting feeling of being in the woods. Surrounded by trees, protected by nature, and somehow separate from everything else. It's a different type of consciousness.
I'll start bringing a camera up there, especially because there are places where there are gaps in the trees and nice views of mountains and some of the more attractive buildings of Morristown. I can't wait to see how it looks as the autumn progresses.
In a way, I'm looking forward to winter, too, when the leaves drop and there's a bit more sunlight.

No comments: