Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Instead of a real post...

Yesterday, I was looking for something in my Web History at work, and realized that Google not only saves your search history, but creates this interesting little summary. My results are a little embarrassing but funny.


Top queries
1. gilmore girls
2. melilotus officinalis
3. ipni
4. microeconomics study guide
5. cyclopia intermedia
6. warren county agricultural development board
7. von thun's farm nj
8. ulva
9. metasequoia
10. lotus corniculatus

I mean, how nerdy is this? It makes me think I work too much. #1 is because at least once a week during the school year, I would look to see if Gilmore Girls was going to be a rerun or not. #2 and #10 are ballast plants. #3 is both from ballast plants research and from looking up plants for other school projects. #4 is self explanatory. #5 is another plant I wrote a paper about. #6 is a website I frequently look up for my job. #7 is a place I went apple picking with Jess in October (after the Bio Blitz, oddly enough) and I had no idea I Googled this place so many times that things I've Googled since OCTOBER haven't pushed it out of my top ten. #8 is the misspelling of a plant I was looking up for school; #9 is a plant I'm apparently obsessed with. 70% of these are work or school related, which is kind of depressing.


> Top sites
1. en.wikipedia.org
2. plants.usda.gov
3. www.state.nj.us
4. www.amazon.com
5. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
6. www.njskylands.com
7. www.cook.rutgers.edu
8. www.sussex.nj.us
9. www.rci.rutgers.edu
10. www.hometownlocator.com

OK, not so weird. #2 is not just because of school, but because I look things up at USDA Plants for fun (dork.) #3, #6, #8, and #10 are sites I've used to find information at work. I have no idea what #5 is.


Top clicks
1. Sussex County - Agricultural Development
2. The International Plant Names Index - home page
3. County of Warren, NJ - What's New
4. Shows - Gilmore Girls
5. Rutgers Department of Plant Biology & Pathology Plant Science ...
6. Jersey Fresh - Urban Farmers' Markets
7. MBG: W3TROPICOS
8. FPHG - FPHG Home
9. Sheryl Crow - Strong Enough Lyrics
10. PLANTS Profile for Podophyllum peltatum (mayapple) | USDA PLANTS

Once, I sang "Strong Enough" at an open mic with a friend who plays guitar. It was very last minute and I had to learn the song in like a week...I found out we were performing about an hour before the open mic started. Apparently I Googled the lyrics quite a bit in that hour.

Happy Fourth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting...how did you do that?
and i looked at it and nothing seemsed strange except Ulva.
what were you trying to look up for that?
elena